Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Rumbi

I don't know what's wrong with me. I survive something horrible, promise myself never to attempt it again, then time passes and I forget my promise to myself. Suddenly the horrible idea seems like a good one again. Similar to the marathons I've run and the baby births (surgeries) I've been through. After each one I promised myself I wouldn't do it again. Now both sound like potentially good ideas. Today's episode of "Stupid Chelsea" is entitled, "Rumbi."
 I took the kids there by myself a few months ago. I had a gift card, it was lunch time, the restaurant was right next door to Three Little Monkeys where we had just finished Story Time and Crafts.... so we went. And the kids were crazy. Running, jumping, food throwing... nothing enjoyable about it. Terrible looks from strangers. I couldn't dare look at my phone when it beeped or go refill water cups because as soon as my head was turned for a moment, someone made a mess. I now clearly recall hauling all of them out of there and back into the stroller, going home and texting Brian something like, "Your children are crazy monkeys." Yet yesterday, I seem to have forgotten about that ordeal. We went to Story Time, then Deseret Book to get birthday gifts for their Grandma McKell (which was also a little insane, if you can imagine 3 little people who feel the need to TOUCH EVERYTHING), then they were hungry. And I had a Rumbi gift card. And it was directly on our walking path home. How could we not stop? Ugh. I think some people go out to eat because it's relaxing and enjoyable. For me, it was EXHAUSTING. Keeping them contained involved all kinds of antics - games, funny faces, spoon tricks, etc. They were content and silent for about 3 minutes, when our food initially came out and they had all been served. But the whole "eating" thing apparently got boring after that. Yay for takeout containers. Except that while I was packing it up, I looked over to see Bennett using the straw of someone else's drink at a table that had just left. Ew.Ew.Ew. Restauranting alone with 3 kids ever again? NO!

2 comments:

Hohmann Family said...

Michael hates taking the kids out to eat anywhere except fast food for this exact reason. And that's with my help!

Chelsea and Cody said...

O but Rumbi is soooo good...it had to be a little worth it!hah