Sunday, August 12, 2012

YardSale Find of the Year!

Bountiful is a yardsaler's paradise because people here are generally fairly wealthy, and extremely cheap. That means yard sales with great quality stuff at ridiculously low prices. I've learned to never offer a price first when haggling, because they'll almost always underbid the number I was thinking.
This dress is a Mikarose. Retail value $bazillion$. Perfect quality, my size, on the hanger... I almost died when I saw it. I asked the price hesitantly... scared she would want too much and I'd have to walk away (cuz I don't NEED new clothes, nor have room for them. I can only justify accumulating more if it's a steal.) And it was: $2 !! So I left feeling like I had shoplifted, honestly. And I didn't just get this dress - I left with my arms FULL, having spent $28 on her clothes. All brand name stuff: J Crew, Banana, Express, etc. Not that I care about brands - just that it generally means better quality, cuter, and more comfy fit. And I love comfy clothes that don't look like pajamas (ie, the bball shorts and old race shirt I sport most days.)   And this is why I'm kindof ecstatic about Brian's new job, because he doesn't have to work Saturday mornings anymore... so I'm free to go SHOPPING! :)   Although I'll like his new job even more when we finally buy a car.... because til then, we're a one-car fam, so he steals the minivan all day. And my triple stroller is broken. So I've been stuffing the kids in the bike trailer whenever we want to go anywhere, which is uncomfortable to them, so to avoid their protests I give them snacks in there, which makes a mess. Then I have to hose down the bike trailer, and they LOVE that, because they get to play in water and grass and mud I create. Then I have to hose them down before we go home to our 3rd level condo. Then we get in trouble for going up the elevator with wet kids making fingerprints on the elevator walls.
This is the problem when I write blog posts at night. I start rambling. I'm supposed to be talking about yard sales, yet now we're talking about reason #842 our grumpy old neighbors don't like us.

2 comments:

Laura said...

That dress is amazing, and you are rocking it. I now want to go yard sale-ing in a rich neighborhood....

Sally Jackson said...

Love that gorgeous dress! you look stunning!! your rambling always make me laugh!