Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sugar-Free September!

yes, I realize I'm stealing this photo. And probably breaking
some kind of photo-stealing rule.
But I needed something that looked sugary-nasty,
not sugary-yummy!  :)
It's been a Summer of far too many sweets. 


I'm challenging myself to a Sugar-Free September!  Just one month. No added sugars.  Of course natural sugar, like in fruit, is fine.  But none of the crap.  I'm going to learn to get through the afternoon slump, cope with stress, enjoy parties, be happy, fight nighttime munchies, etc.  without gummy bears and chocolate chip cookies.

Anyone brave enough to join me?  I dare ya!

9/4/12 update:  I'm 4 days into it and feeling so good!  Everytime my mind wanders into dangerous territory  (I always crave kid cereals), I think about the yummy fresh fruit in my fridge from the farmer's markets.  This is going to be a tough month - but I'm going to make it! Simply for pride reasons - I don't want to have to admit to anyone that I failed. 26 days of self-control left! :)

3 comments:

Lemonpeel said...

I am super tempted/scared to agree to this. heaven knows I need it, it's those nighttime munchies that get me the most. I really like this idea though, so I am going to do my best to jump on the wagon with you!

chelsea mckell said...

DO IT!!! Don't be scared!
It's the perfect month to do it - no holidays, and it's harvest season - SO many fresh yummy fruits to tame the sugar cravings! YOU CAN DO IT! (yelling that at myself now :)

debbieandstevefamily said...

Sugar is not free! I could do this - I might do this!