Monday, July 2, 2012

NPS Store

Discovering the NPS Store in West Valley was one of the happiest days of my life. I mean, our wedding and children's births come first...and a few epic runs... But finding this place definitely makes the top twenty. My cousin Sally Alley (seriously that's her name) told me about it when I was talking about looking for a new area rug. She had to describe how to get here like ten times to me, since I couldn't find it on my GPS, and there's not really a website for it. It's a scratch-and-dent, surplus type store. A fell-off-the-truck and/or black market type place. Very shadey crowd there. But I don't care - I love it! There's a warehouse side, with a hugehuge variety of things - like Home Depot meets Fred Meyer, with some Costco thrown in. Then there's the grocery side, reaffirming my opinion that being a couponer isn't worth the effort. Because the grand total of these 2 carts full of groceries - pretty much all good healthy stuff, not KeeblerCouponKrap, - was $105.
Yep, $105 to FILL our trunk. Thanks to the NPS store (and Bountiful Baskets) I think we keep our monthly grocery bill down around $300 for our family of 5. With zero hours spent clipping, organizing, planning, etc.  NPS Store trips always take me at least an hour - cuz the store isn't organized very well, always changes products, I have to watch exp dates, I have to bag my own groceries, drive to "scary" West Valley, deal with crowds on Saturdays.... but it's worth it!

2 comments:

Hohmann Family said...

This is terribly impressive. I am a couponer and we don't eat nearly as healthy as you guys do. We typically spend $425/mo. Wishing I could get it down. We just joined the world of Costco, so it may help after the initial monetary shock to the system...

Sam and Melissa said...

Oh what I would do for an NPS store! Instead I have Foodland, where you pay $105 for milk and cereal :)