Thursday, December 29, 2011

You'd cry too if your parents accidentally left you at a restaurant.




I was going to just leave this post with the subject and the photo, thinking it's pretty self-explanatory.   And.... well, obviously, it's not something I want to brag about.  Leaving your child somewhere.... not only embarassing, but it really gave me the sickest feeling and great panic attack I've had in a long time.

It's the classic story - big family group at a restaurant  (Red Robin for Cougar's 7th birthday party), drove in 2 separate cars (actually 3, since Maria joined us), and I thought Brian left with her while he thought she was with us. There were car seats in both cars for the kids, so it was perfectly logical. Fortunately on the way home, he called and asked how the babies were doing - I said fine, and how's Brianna - he said he didn't have her - and that's when the panic attack started. I called RR and they said they had a very sad little girl there waiting for us.  When we pulled up, I spotted her happily playing with a balloon the manager gave her. But as soon as she saw me, she burst into the saddest sobbing.  Of course she blamed her parents for leaving her - nevermind that she had slipped over to the restaurant's arcade as we were going out the door.  Honestly I'm glad this happened - it was an important lesson learned with no major damage done. The lesson?  Keep children on leashes at all times.

6 comments:

M and N Tenny said...

Oh what a sad face! I think you should post the story, sounds like a good one. :)

Unknown said...

oh no! You do need to tell the story! Poor Brianna.

Megan Smith said...

Those are some big tears! I'm sure you hugged and kissed them all away.

Malerie said...

Oh no! What a sweet little thing :)

the Gardners said...

Such a sad face! At least it ended well. I'd be freaking out, too. Worst fear!

Sally Jackson said...

Oh Chelsea! I hate that feeling of fear and panic! So glad she's okay! That happened to me once, but I was in college. I walked 5 miles home in a blizzard. Brianna is lucky you came back for her. :)