Saturday, December 10, 2011

Where's Dr. Mom when ya need her.....

l hate playing the medical guessing game at home.
Is it a rash? Allergic reaction? HFMD? Impetigo? Cold sores? 
I call friends, search online, worryworry, debate whether to head to the doc or instacare and spend the $$, feel horrible for even thinking of money when my child may be sick, feel stupid for rushing to the doc when the problem will go away by itself, feel upset at having to miss going to the gym, feel terrible for being upset at something as trivial as the gym when my baby may be ill...
Seriously, who left me in charge here?! I don't know anything!



**Update: We sucked it up and spent the $50 to take her to the Instacare. I left feeling very frustrated, because they prescribed an antibiotic, yet no diagnosis, just the same list of possibilities I had also come up with. Bennett has the bumps too. Most likely Impetigo - a bacterial infection. I'm not going to blame anyone [*cough*]GOLDSGYMDAYCARE [*cough*] cuz ya just never know where kids pick up this junk. Nobody is sleeping well. And we have to stay home so we don't pass on this joy to others. So fun.  Wah wah wah. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Leah has had spots like that on her mouth for the past few days. They don't seem to be getting better or worse and she doesn't have any other symptoms. I'm guessing her's is a allergic reaction to some new food, though I haven't narrowed it down yet. Sorry, I'm not much help.

Ioana said...

I SOOO know how you feel!!! My mom used to tell me that unless the rash doesn't show behind the ears, it's nothing contagious. She's not a doctor though...:) I would wait until Monday and see how things progress. Obviously go in if it gets worse (fever, more rash, breathing issues and so on). It seriously could be anything! And don't beat yourself too much! You're an awesome, caring,loving mom! As you can see, you're not the only one clueless on this matter!:)

Julie said...

Boston had white bumps all around his mouth area a month or two again and they turned red like in your picture when he picked them. I just left them alone and they eventually went away but it did seem to take awhile. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Leah's are clearing up now. How is bennett doing?