Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Predicament

Half way through each day, the babies decide to pass out for a few hours.
As much as I enjoy this time to spend keeping our family's heads above water (DOES THE LAUNDRY EVER END?!) I lose the first half hour or so because it's hard to make myself get UP when I've got these two on my lap asleep. Transferring them to their cribs is veryvery tricky. Especially when I'd rather just sit and stare at their sweet little sleepy faces. They're so beautiful when they're asleep... because they aren't throwing tantrums, falling and hurting themselves, or hitting each other. It's such a beautiful sight I sometimes cry.
Note: Blue jammies being worn by Bennett in first photo, then Courtney in this photo.
Most of Bennett's clothes are interchangeable, while Courtney's clothes definitely
don't go on Bennett. We're such gender stereotypers.
But there are consequences if I hang out oogling over sweet babies in napland too long... like their nearly-4-yr-old sister answering the door and telling the neigbor, "sorry, my mommy is busy. She's feeding the babies with brezfeeding so they'll go to sleep and we can play." Then slamming the door. True story. And has happened more than once.
So I take pictures of them sleeping like this, since I can't stare at them forever, but I'll always remember my little nappers at this stage.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

These pictures make me happy. I love it.

Ariel said...

I'm sure you're aware, but it is totally awesome that you BF two babies:)

Becky said...

I think a scary thought is when they are older and don't take naps! Yes, cherish this time. You are an amazing wife and mom!

Unknown said...

Darling, I love sleeping faces too. And Laundry is so over rated!

DeAnne said...

cute enough to kiss!

Sally Jackson said...

They look like little cherubs. And I love all your Brianna stories. She is hilarious!

thejencooper said...

Oh, my, gosh. They looks like little angels! Those are the cutest pictures!