Friday, September 2, 2011

Instant Friends

It's so amazing to me how quickly Brianna makes friends with other kids her age. She just walks into any setting, spots someone her size, and joins up with them to play like they've been friends for years. Sometimes she does a formal introduction, "What's your name?  I'm Brianna. That's my mom. I have a baby Courtney and Bennett. Wanna play tag?"   I don't know if she's more or less outgoing than other kids her age.  But it's nice to know we don't have a shyness problem!
Here she is with one of her one-hit-wonder-bfs.  I think her name was Fiona.  I was just sitting playing with the babies, watching these two run around. Her parents were on the other side of the park, possibly also wondering who that cute little girl was playing so happily with their daughter.

When it was time to leave, there were no tears, no begging to play more with Fiona.... perhaps Brianna knew that next time we went to the park, there would be someone else her size and they would be just as good of friends. 

No comments: