Sunday, July 17, 2011

Furniture

I can go around our house pointing at pieces of furniture and say who passed it down to us or how I otherwise acquired it free or super inexpensive. Lots from my parents, Brian's parents, a little from Grandma, Lindsay, a couple sweet yard sale finds.... with only the exception of our couch (which I adore and was worth every Big Lots penny), everything is well-loved. And I'm totally ok with that. I mean, I drool over cute/smart IKEA stuff like anyone else... but when it comes down to it, I just can't bring myself to spend bucks on impractical things like bed headboards and pretty patio sets.  Or even new dressers.
Especially since buying used dressers makes me feel like we can get away with fun little projects like this:

Brianna LOVED using the drill to unscrew the handles from this $2 dresser. And she thought making yellow paint footprints on it was great.

The babies enjoyed hanging out in the garage, catching some needed Vitamin D (this was in February).   At the end of this life, if I get a chance to ask The Man In Charge some questions, I'm going to inquire about the lack of Vitamin D in breastmilk. WHY?!

The project would've ended perfectly, except that for some reason she had a meltdown realizing that her hands were MESSY.    Yeah, crazy how that happens with painting handprints (duh!)... you'd think if she cared so much, she wouldn't have even started....  Silly temperamental 3 year olds!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am laughing at Brianna's meltdown. We (and by we, I mean Addison) is OBSESSED with having clean hands. She wouldn't do an art project at church for Father's day (a two hand prints that make a heart) because it would get her hands dirty. Kids are SO funny!

I think the hand prints on the dresser is an excellent idea!