Tuesday, July 5, 2011

11 min. for 11 mo.

I don't have a lot of opportunities with two free hands to type and no one crawling on me desperately trying to steal the laptop  (WHY do they like it so much?!?)  But they're all napping now - all 3 - so I'm going to see how much I can type in the next 11 minutes. I'll be lucky if I can get that much.
So - exactly one month til we have one year olds! Two of them! Twice the celebration. Though my attitude on the ridiculousness of 1st birthday parties with child sugar binging hasn't changed. But Brianna will have a 3.5 yr old freak-out if we don't do SOMETHING, so maybe a pool trip. And a billion pictures. Because I know that without pictures, I'll never remember this stage. I've been around so many friends' newborns lately, and I can hardly remember when my babies were that little! In some ways it was easier then - because they couldn't MOVE - but I'm definitely enjoying their current stage, where we can have a little more fun!  They love showing off their "tricks" - waving hi/bye, clapping, saying MAMAMA and BAH (ball) and DADA and CAP (clap), and doing "arms UP!"  They walk around the house holding on to furntiure, walls - whatever's on their level. Courtney has done a few steps solo. Previously I thought I didn't want them to start walking because it would make life harder. But now I'm thinking that there could be benefits - like having my arms free again if they can start walking sooner. And getting their little hands and knees off the dirty floors in public places.  But regardless of whether I WANT them to walk or not, they're going to have to figure it out on their own because I just don't have time to spend coaching them! Though I'm going to try and get a video of it soon. I haven't seen Bennett do more than one step solo. He mostly just sits on his bum and squawks for me to come pick him up. He's a little bit of a mama's boy. I love it. Though I'd prefer he had Courtney's eating habits - she nurses quickly, and eats just about everything I offer her. Bennett takes would stay latched on all day if I let him, and literally glares at me if I try to feed him something he thinks he doesn't like. I'm not good about planning actual meals - they graze all day. Like Brianna. Like me. Some may think that's a good habit, but I disagree. I can never remember who has eaten what and when. Nap times aren't on much of a schedule either - just one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Not at any set time - just whenever they look tired. There are days I hardly glance at the clock all day, because we just don't have anything SET.  Every day is go-with-the-flow. I'm not saying that's a good thing or bad thing - it's just how life is. We do get OUT everyday now - between the two naps, we all get in our big stroller and go to the park, or storytime, or lunch at the school, or Brian's office. Though he's been so busy lately, he rarely takes a lunch break with us. But he just got a few new employees, so hopefully we'll see him more. These 12-hour days the past few months have been rough! But I'm grateful his job is going well here. I wish I had a crystal ball just to see where the next move will be, because it all seems so up in the air. Boise, St. George, Salt Lake....  and I have no control over it.  Just like my kids - no control over them. And the ridiculously hot weather. And rude/stupid people online. And my never-ending housecleaning chores. I'm a control-freak in forced rehab. And (most of the time) loving it!
K. Time's up. I'll add pictures later. To prove they're still alive and have survived 11 months of life with their scatterbrained mutha.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Your blog always cracks me up. Seriously love it!

Becky said...

11 mins well spent and well expressed. You're amazing!