Sunday, June 19, 2011

Around the homefront

How weird is it that my 3.5 yr old still naps nearly everyday?! Not necessarily in her room, or in a bed, or in a comfortable-looking position....  But always with that icky blanket. I wash it in bleach at least once a week. And it's still gross. 
Courtney is too good for her crib. She wants to nap in the big bed in their room. 
CAUGHT IN THE ACT! He claims he didn't do it. He looks at me with those big innocent blue eyes... but I know better. Sneaky sneaky boy. He loves the Pumpernickel & Onion Braided Twists as much a I do.
Making cookies together. So wholesome. I try to stay back and let them do it solo, but sometimes I overhear Brian asking Brianna what a tsp is. Or if he can use vanilla icecream to substitute for vanilla extract. Then I get involved a little.
Jumping! Ever since she started her crusade to begin walking, (Bennett too), she doesn't like to be contained as much. But since she started her walking attempts, I like to keep her contained even more. 
Brianna loves to push Bennett in his swing.        HARD. 
Post-bath playing.  Chewing on the cords off the blinds is totally safe, right?
Brian's happy place = hanging out with all his munchkins.
This is how and where Brianna hangs out every morning while the babies take their nap and I get my workout in  (I'm on week SIX of the Insanity program, round 2. LOVE those videos! So hard!) Brianna likes her movie time. Usually Dora or Leapfrog shows on Netflix. I feel guilty about it. Mommy Guilt. Everpresent Mommy Guilt.
Her obsession in life is standing on her own. Her waking hours are spent pushing herself up to standing positions. Then doing squats. Up and down, up and down. She's taken one step solo so far. Then I push her down and firmly scold her. NO WALKING YET! Seriously. We don't need anymore bumps and bruises and ability to make more messes.
Our balcony. 3rd floor up. It's totally safe, yet I still get a minor panic attack every time  my kids are out there playing.
Cuz we're all about formal dining.
Brian was out of town for 2 nights for work. It was awful. I was so unmotivated to make a real dinner. 
My favorite men, doing one of their favorite things.... cuddlying up by the computer and catching up on sports.

3 comments:

Hohmann Family said...

I was just browsing and fell in love with your blog! Don't know why I've never looked before - I don't think I knew what it was. But I'm totally bookmarking this! Your kiddos are adorable!

Michelle {Fun On A Dime} said...

T was looking at your pictures and wanted to know how many more babies you have now! lol "T that's them. They've gotten bigger." "No, how many more babies do they have?"

Unknown said...

Addison would love to have dinner sitting on the table. As I write this, she is hopping on her trike and will try and be there by dinner time! :)

Just seeing the picture of one of your kiddos on the balcony made my stomache flop. I don't think I would like that very much either.