Friday, April 29, 2011

Runs in the Family!

I often (and by often, I mean ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME) get asked, "so do twins run in your family?"
I'm pretty sure that 97.43% of the time, what they're really wanting to know is if there were any fertility treatments involved. Gotta love nosy strangers.
I usually just smile and say, "they do now!" or "yeah, we do 5Ks and Half Marathons."
But really - Brian's Berrett Grandparents had a similar family dynamic many years ago!
This is Marjorie and Daryl, with 3 yr old Barbara and 1 yr old twins Bill & Brad.
Pleasant Grove Strawberry Days, June 4th 1953. Thanks Aunt Brenda (the genealogy queen!) for sending this to me!
As the story goes, Marjorie was told she wasn't having twins - just one big baby. But she told her doctor that she felt like there were two. He assured her she was wrong. But on birth-day, he ate those words!
I'm very grateful that MY surprise news occurred months before birth-day!

9 comments:

Crystyne said...

Hummmm....I wonder who Brian looks like?....and Breanna?

Unknown said...

three year old Barbara looks a lot like Brianna! Not a spittin' image, but they are definitely family.

BBS said...

I am so glad you blogged this! I just love this photo! Thanks for the shout-out! I am a total beginner but loving it. I R.S. lesson on Sunday our teacher quoted Julie Beck saying "The Lord loves a beginner."

Becky said...

So cute!

Who's taking that picture? One of the twins?

the Gardners said...

Serious family look-a-likes! It's great to find photos like this!

Malerie said...

Wow! There is a lot of resemblance! I can only imagine the comments people give you. People are so weird sometimes!

DeAnne said...

That is such a cool picture. Like straight out of a movie! My Dad is a twin. So far none of us have been "lucky" enough. Especially ME!

The Gilson Girls said...

Wow! some strong family resemblences there!
Yeah, I agree, not sure why people want to know if there were fertility treatments involved when having multiples. Why do they care or why does it matter to them???
I also get the question, "Were you surprised when you found out you were having twins?" like I can't read between the lines on that question.

Ashley said...

I love this picture so much! I really miss my Grandma Berrett! She was such an incredible person. That is really cool that you have this picture.