Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Paper or plastic? Neither!

I'm very picky about which grocery stores I chose to patronize.
In Cedar and Vernal, there weren't many options. So we did big shopping trips on our out-of-town ventures.
But now we're in the "big" city, with a dozen options within 10 minutes drive (including a couple with awful names - Dick's and Winegars. What were they thinking?!)  I've taken myself on a tour de markets and decided the winner is.... Smith's. They have all the little features I like. A discount for bringing my own bags, a drop-in childcare for Brianna to play at, free samples, good sales on non-junk food (drives me nuts that so many stores do all their big sales on crap!) a nice floral dept, random clearance carts (50% off the slightly dented cans? yesplease!), the cute carts with toddler cars attached, and even discounts on gasoline for shopping there. (Smith's - if you're reading this - feel free to compensate me for the free advertising). Oh, and Brianna's favorite - mini carts:


If only they gave a discount for remembering to wear sparkly fairy wings to the store.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you had me at "drop-in childcare." I think I need to have a serious heart to heart with our Smith's store manager!

Natalia said...

Drop in childcare? That is awesome. I don't think our Smith's has that.

Julie said...

did you say childcare? love that! They have some awesome stores in AZ that do that but I have never seen it here - I am jealous! and mini carts?! even better!

Steven & Tiffany Martin said...

I love the fairy wings. Tanner said Brianna tinkerbell, I Terence.

Sally Jackson said...

Bonus points on your Smiths card for the fairy wings! I love Smiths, too. Especially their day old bread cart.