Monday, March 28, 2011

Sibling strategizing

Brianna:  "I'd like to call this meeting to order. ORDER! Everyone here?
Bennett: "Here"
Courtney: "Present"
Brianna: "No presents. We have to hurry - mom's busy making dinner. Let's get the schedule for tonight figured out. Who can do the early bedtime shift?"
Bennett: "I got it. I took a short afternoon nap, so I'll go to bed around 6:30. That way mom and dad can't plan any family outings away from the house, since Dad gets home about that same time tonight."
Courtney: "Great. And I just woke up from a long evening nap, so I'll stay wide awake and playful til 9:45."
Brianna: "Perfect. And of course I can't fall asleep until all you babies are out, so I'll be up til ten."
Bennett: "Okay. And then Mom will do her usual compulsive cleaning bedtime routine, so she won't go to sleep until 11pm. Right when she's just about drifted off to dreamland, I'll starting howling for my first night feeding."
Courtney: "Great. Then I'll take the 2am feeding."
Bennett: "Then I think I can manage a 3am."
Brianna: "And I'll wake up begging for water at 3:05, so Dad will have to get up too."
Courtney: "Brianna, do you want to really chug it down, so you can wet the bed around 4am?"
Brianna: "No, let's give her a break. I'm totally over that anyway - I'm more into faking nightmares now"
Bennett: "Whatever. You just know you won't get pancakes for breakfast if you don't use the potty."
Brianna:  =P
Courtney: "Hey now guys - no arguing. We have to stay united and keep our team together. It's us against them. We can win!"
Bennett: "No worries - my 5:30am morning wake time always gets them. I'll be giggly and happy til the sun comes up at 7!
Brianna: "Right. Then you go down and we get up, right Court!"
Courtney: "Right!"
Brianna: "Ok team, remember the plan. Stick to it. I'll sneak snacks out to you if she traps you in that playpen during the day."
Courtney and Bennett: "Yessssssss!"

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Bwahahahahahaha! I LOVE this!!! :D

Malerie said...

So funny, Chelsea! This is perfect. I love it. And Charlie has the same weird balding pattern as Bennett. You would never guess they were the same boys from the front as the back.

Ash said...

ROTFLMchucknorrisOff

Unknown said...

LOL :)

Crystyne said...

That is great!

Ashley said...

That is really funny and clever, I really can't imagine trying to keep little ones on a schedule and to get them to all sleep and everything. When I come up there, it would be fun to get Alli and Brianna together.

Kara said...

So true and so funny it almost made me cry! Oh wait, I think the tears might be from the truth and not the funny part. Keep up the good work holding it all together.

Debbie said...

Thanks for the inside scoop. How could they ever stagger the whole experience without the "plan"!

Sally Jackson said...

hillarious!! i always know where to come for a laugh!