Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Father+Son

I absolutely loved seeing Brian play with Brianna all during her baby + toddler years. And I still do now of course. But those first months/years of that Daddy-daughter connection was just magical. It made my heart melt. Now Brian has that same connection with Courtney. The daddy-daughter time is so sweet, and they all enjoy each other so much. The photobook I made for Brian last year of just pictures of him and Brianna together (over 100 of them) gets opened and looked at by those two quite often ("Daddy - read me the Daddy Brianna book!")  So sweet.
The other day I just realized... I get to make TWO more of those books in a year or two! Courtney and Bennett are going to want their own Daddy & Me photobooks! So I better get more consistent in taking individual pictures of them with their father.
The Father-Son connection is different than the Daddy-daughter one. It's hard to explain why or how. They're buddies. They'll do Father-Son camping trips together for years and years (Brian actually asked if he could bring Bennett to our ward's trip this summer..... ummm, right!) Brian's going to get him started on basketball training as soon as the kid can control his major motor skills. He's going to be Bennett's biggest fan (and absolutely refuses to acknowledge the possibility that Bennett might not be into sports. That's blasphemy to him. Sheesh.)
But for right now, I love seeing Bennett's eyes light up when his Daddy gets home. I love seeing Brian hold his son and talk to him about all their future plans together. And I love that I have a couple years of having Bennett all to myself during nursing sessions - this may be the only time in his life he prefers me over his Dad!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That is really cute, Bennett is such a cute little guy, it will be fun if he is a little baller, Brian will love that. He looks like Brian as well, that is fun! Maybe he can be the next Jimmer, j/k

Hope your doing well, good luck on the race tomorrow if you decided to do it.

Debbie said...

Such a cute shot. That boy is going to be a heart throb!