Monday, March 14, 2011

Date night

Not Brian and I.... are you kidding? Leave all these kiddos alone with some poor soul?! I'm sure they'd all survive.... but so not worth the hassle it would be to arrange all that! Brian and I get our date-night kicks from sitting on our new balcony together after the kiddos go to sleep. It's a nice view of the mountains from here on the 3rd floor of this complex.
But BRIANNA and I had a little date night! We walked across the street last night after B got home to check out Scoopology. The name had me intrigued. I figured it must be frozen yogurt/icecream.... though I knew I could be wrong, since the "Cookie Cutters" place across the street ended up being a children's hair salon, NOT a cookie bakery. Biggest disappointment of my life. Seriously.
But Scoopology... very cute!  Gelato in dozens of fun flavors, with the option of a hot cookie on top. Kindof amazing. And it's one of those locally-owned places, not a chain. I feel good about supporting them.     Once, anyway. I'm too cheap to go back again.... heelllooooo - you can buy a couple gallons of frozen happiness at the grocery store for what we paid there! But it was fun for one night. Brianna is the perfect date - she loves to open doors, provides fabulous coversation, and gives me lots of hugs and kisses at the end of the night.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

"gallons of frozen happiness"

LOL

Ashley said...

It looks like a really fun place! I love local places like that.

Crystyne said...

I am with you. Date night...what's that?

Malerie said...

Fun! Brianna looks so happy! Alone (quality) time with child number 1 seems pretty precious now.

Brittany said...

I really feel for our older kids! It's nice that you got to spend some time alone with little B!