Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lookin' up.

I could do a lot of whining and moping right now. I have no friends. I have to use elevators everyday. Brian's working extra long hours. We're renters again. It's colder here. I have no routine. Our neighbors are all elderly. I miss my Cedar world.
But it's like that story with the Indian and the two different wolves - whichever one is fed, will grow. Or the pebble analogy - it's huge up close, but on the ground far away it's relatively inconsequential. If I'm not making any sense, ask my mom. Her pep talks....
So I'm trying to focus on the POSITIVES about living here in Bountiful now! And there are some definite positives. Let's discuss:
*Locationlocationlocation! I look out my window and what do I see? Costco. Lowe's. Paradise Bakery. Scoopology. Deseret Book. And more! So much retail within walking distance! I love leaving my car parked in the garage as much as possible.
*Relatives! I have a bunch here. They've all been AWESOME! We had an army show up on moving-in day. Tiffany had us over for dinner. We went to Mark's birthday party at Sally's. A couple second cousins want to babysit our kids. My grandma seems to really enjoy having us here and bringing food to us. They've all lived here forever, so it's great having locals to ask questions to.
*Trails! Legacy Parkway Trail is 11 miles long and just a mile from our place. I think there's more around here too, but that's the only one I've ran on so far. A high school track is nearby too. Maybe I'll get out of my rut and do some workouts there soon.
*Our ward seems nice. We tried to keep a low profile on Sunday, but it didn't work at all. We were greeted and probably will have callings soon. They seem very real and down to earth - not at all the stereotypical Utahanish ward.
*Airport! Just 15 minutes away! For the last 3 years, I've lived hours away from a major airport. So inconvenient. Not anymore! So... COME VISIT, PEOPLES!
*Our condo is nice! Lots of great little perks. Balcony, huge closets, large living room and laundry room, very secure building, spacious, hardwood floors, and - a JET TUB! The kids love it:
I could go on, but we're still surrounded by boxes needing unpacking. It's a slow process getting out of them. I have an "observations on moving" blog post drafted in my head right now, because this is the 6th time we've moved since we've been married. Five different cities. Who lives like that?!?! It's not my first choice of lifestyle at all, but things have always worked out for our little family. We've had countless little miracles. So I think it's obvious we're meant to be Bountifulites (Bountifulians?) right now.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this. Nice editing. ;)

Cindy Clawson said...

Glad to hear you are looking for the positive. We will miss you! Sorry I bummed out on you last week. I meant to take your kids more or bring you food but Russell and I were the only well ones in our family last week and I didn't think you needed added sickness in the move. Hope you keep going with the adjusting!

Unknown said...

Look at those happy babies sitting in a tub!
I'm glad that you are focusing on the positives. It is too easy to get caught up in the negatives and the "why me's/us".
I couldn't wait to get out of Vernal and then when we finally did, I cried the whole 4+ hour drive to our new home. It is hard, but it gets better! :)

the Gardners said...

Yeah for positives! It sounds like you have had an awesome start. We are jealous of your tub! ;-)

BBS said...

What a sweet positive post! You are looking at all the good things...love it. Beautiful photos of your children.

summer said...

I hear you on working to see the positives. We too have an elevator, daddy working really, really late, and a place that is too small (wait - that wasn't on your list...your place sounds amazing!). Point - I know it's tricky to change to something so foreign. I still whine at times....sometimes I just need a good cry at how it's really tough. And then like you ---- there are some parts that are so great that I wonder why we would live any other way.

I know people in Bountiful - in fact some girls that helped with The Gifts of the Heart when we were in Provo at Grad School...I need to introduce you all :)

Good luck as you continue to move in and get adjusted...it will all happen as it should!

Julie said...

k were totally coming to visit you in a couple weeks if your around and will have us! We for sure are going right by there on Sunday March 26th! My sister lives one exit away from you - ok well maybe two exits- something like that! :) THE HOUSLEY"S ARE COMING TO PARTY IT UP IN THE ELEVATOR HOUSE! :)

Brandon and Kim said...

We need to get together maybe meet at the childrens museum or something. You are welcome here anytime. Those babies are so cute. I know brianna is not a baby anymore but if you are like me I still see cici as a baby. Feel free to call anytime if you want to talk

TandAA :) said...

I'm glad you are looking to the positives.... at least it's not Ogden. C'mon! J/k.
P.S. LOVE the pic of all 3 of them in the tub! Haha! So cute!