Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bennett's back

Pardon the ugly floor rug. I just ordered this one from Amazon. Please arrive soon!
I don't know if you can see it very well, but Bennett has a smiley-mouth-shaped bald line on the back of his head. I take it as a personal strike against my mothering skills, since it's physical evidence that the poor boy has spent too much time on his back, rubbing that head against the ground. Courtney has one too, of course. But Brianna never had it as a baby - she was held nearly all the time! Now that they spend their days sitting up instead of laying down (still not being held as much as they should be. I'll always feel mommy guilt for that) I'm hoping their hair grows back in quickly.
Until then, I prefer the sight of his hair from the front:

GQ.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Emma had a horrible smiley bald spot too. But it was from rubbing her head when she fell asleep in her crib. That was her self-soothing mechanism, and she'd sing while she was doing it. So glad Leah doesn't!

Unknown said...

I love the backs of babies heads, so even with his smiley face bald spot, his head looks absolutely adorable! (I could just stare at the back of my baby's head. Weird fetish, I guess!)
But the front side of Bennet is absolutely adorable too! :)

Debbie said...

Bennett has a really cool doo - something like Ryan Seaquest!