Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Jesus dinner

As I wrote about earlier on that ridiculously long "brief" Christmas recap that no one probably read in it's entirety but I don't care cuz this is my jouuuuuuurrnaaalll...(*big inhale from run-on sentence*) Our little family started our first Christmas tradition: a Christmas Eve "Jesus Dinner." Candle-lit, on the floor, featuring attempts at authentic Biblical-Bethlehem foods, followed by a reading of Luke 2. I didn't go into any heroics with the food efforts - just pita flatbread, honey, fish, grape juice, and figs. Next year I'll do my research and put more time into it. But this seemed to work well enough. Brianna had the sweetest little spirit about her, even while Brian was reading the Bible.

2 comments:

Hawaii Monkeys said...

Hey chels, I love this idea! I'm going to have to try it out next christmas! :) thanks!

Sally Jackson said...

thats a neat idea. I like it-simple and fun.