Monday, January 17, 2011

i LIED! More Christmas!

 And I have to blog it all right? Or it might as well NOT HAVE EVEN HAPPENED.
:)
So when we got to Spokane Christmas Day evening, we should've been exhausted. The babies had done their usual all nighter party, then we had our early morning Christmas, then the crazy packing, cleaning, 3 hrs driving, Spanish Fork McKell get together, another hour of driving, airport security line fun, 90 minute flight, 40 min drive to the house....
But I was so excited to be there and see everyone! So we went right into Christmas mode.
I gave the gifts to Brianna, she passed them out to their recipients.
I'm laughing in the above picture because....
Kardon (Cougar's Dad, Lindsay's, umm, friend?)  is opening an unexpected gift "from Brian" that has written on the tag, "to my brozzle Kardon, with Love from Brian McKell." And it's a bottle of men's sensitive fash wash.  I don't know if Brian appreciated my humor, but I found the whole scene extremely entertaining.
As you can see from the his wild expression of joy, Dad was ecstatic about his new calendar. (THE REST OF YOU SMITHS BETTER BE LIKING IT MORE!)

The COIN GRAB
I love this tradition. Dad puts his change in a big jar all year long, then at Christmas each kid gets to reach their hand in and see how much they can get in one grab. Brianna's total: $1.44 We'll have to start practicing for next year. And hope she doesn't inherit my small hands.

I think it's funny Brian caught this expression of mine. I'm pretty sure I'm saying to Brianna, "DO YOU HAVE TO GO POTTY?!" That was a frequent urgent question to our little pooper throughout the trip. Fortunately, I think she only had 2 accidents during the 15 days there. I had her in pullups just in case, because I know she does fine at home, but I wasn't sure how she'd do out of her element and in such a big house. She actually acheieved a new milestone there - she can now get up on to the toilet (pronounced twah-ley) by herself, no stepstool needed.

CHRISTMAS BOOKS
Every year mom gives us all a new Christmas book (religious, secular, classics, a good variety), with an envelope taped in the back and paper to write about our Christmas that year. I think this is the 9th year, so we've accumulated a nice library of Christmas books with memories written inside. Here she is reading the newest one to the group:
And now.... Christmas can end.

1 comment:

debbieandstevefamily said...

There is benefit to taking "one" more trip down memory lane!