Thursday, January 27, 2011

Changes on the homefront.

- We talked Brianna into moving bedrooms. We made it sound like the most exciting thing in the world, and she bought it. It's so weird having her in a different room, but it was a necessary change. I feel like she's such a big girl now - she can reach all the light switches, do the whole bathroom routine by herself, and be reallyreally mischevious.
- Brian set up two cribs in Brianna's old room. The babies nap in there during the day, so I'm able to access my own room now. They're still mostly with us at night though. I like keeping them close.
- The babies now use bath seats that allow them to sit upright, not lay back. They're getting more sturdy with their sitting-up attempts. Bath time is a real circus around here, because Brianna insists on being a part of every second of it.
- They've started bringing toys to their mouths. Oral fixation.... so weird. Can you imagine seeing something new and thinking, "hmmmm, what's this? I'll just stick it in my mouth to figure it out...." 
- Both roll around a lot - proficiently and deliberatly. Courtney does full 360s sometimes. It's somewhat entertaining... but mostly disturbing. Mobility progress is no bueno. 
- I took them out to visit their Dad at work and bring him a breakfast sub. Brian's jaw dropped to see me venture out of the house without urgent cause.
- I keep getting the feeling we're going to move soon. Like Spring. Maybe it's all in my head. Hopefully.    I mean, Brian wants and deserves a promotion, which necesitates moving North.... but the thought of packing everything and everyone up is petrifying. Still.... I'm de-junking the house, saving big boxes, and figuring out housing logistics in case this is a real premonition.  
- Brian and I made plans for a date. A real one. By ourselves. Out of the house. Will we be able to just forget about the babies and enjoy ourselves? Idunno.
- Babes are wearing some of their 6-9 month clothing... which leaves me with loads of 0-6 month clothes they never even tried on. What to do with it all??
- Courtney likes to stick out her tongue and spit. I love my camel baby.
- Both babies are showing all the signs of readiness for solid foods... like making suicidal dive-bombs towards whatever I'm eating. I let them have a tiny taste of banana. Their eyes lit up like the 4th of Juy. I brought the highchair in from the garage and cleaned it up. Official first feeding will be soon - as close to their 6-month date as I can stand to wait.

3 comments:

Ash said...

Whoa, can't believe the babies are big enough to play in the tub, roll around, and eat real food. What's with the moving ideas? stop it...:)

Sally Jackson said...

Wow-big things ahead--and maybe a few changes, too!
Love the updates, You are so thorough!
p.s. Little 6 mos Jonah wants nothing to do with solids. I gave him some banana and he looked at me like I was feeding him poison and spit it out. ha ha--every baby is so different!

Julie said...

like up north by me again?!!! YAY! :)
I totally feel ya on the suicide dive-bombs attempts toward food - you described Capri to a T!