Saturday, January 8, 2011

Brianna's first haircut

I guess technically it's not her first... there was that incident about 2 years ago (I forgave, but can't forget)...  we won't revisit that tradgedy. Spokane's finest cosmetologist gave Brianna her first real haircut. At nearly the age of 3, my little girl had never had the back of her hair touched by scissors. I had planned to let her hair just do whatever it naturally wanted to do - grow beautifully wild and long, curly/straight, whatever. But she had strands that were literally 3 inches longer than others. It was a little weird looking. So Meredith just evened it all out in the back straight across.
Brianna wasn't too fond of the whole experience... we eventually convinced her to sit on the salon chair by herself, without daddy holding her (notice his nice new cut too - it's great having Meredith in the family). But for Brianna to actually hold still, Lindsay had to sit by her and distract her with funny faces and fruit snacks. I'm glad we got this over with - now we can go another 3 years before the next trim!
Meredith also did my hair, but I didn't get any pictures (me and my double chin avoid the camera these days). It's shorter now than it's been in more than a decade. With long layers and highlights. Everyone loves it, but I feel like I don't even know the girl in the mirror. For some reason I always think of Hawaii when I think of my hair - maybe because that was my faovrite time with it. The humidity and salt water made me always look like I just spent all day at the beach. That sounds so nice right now... 

1 comment:

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

well gosh, I hope that someday I will see you again so I can check out your awesome new do!