Saturday, April 10, 2010

small numbers

I tend to be pretty cheap (frugal) about buying toys. Meaning...I never buy any. You know how it goes - you spend _x_ dollars on some gimmicky toy, then the kid just wants to play with the box. Or plays with the toy for 2 minutes then wants nothing to do with it again.
But our local Roberts store is going out of business and had everything 75% off. I found this hand-carved/painted number block puzzle, originally $20, for $5! I actually still debated about it for an embarrassingly long time (thank you Michelle for watching Brianna while I shopped!) but I'm glad I decided to splurge. Brianna really likes it and has played with it everyday! She can count to thirty quite well (after being in timeout and hearing it repeated so often!) but I don't think she knows what the numbers look like yet. So - yay for quality purchases. Boo for blurry photos.

1 comment:

summer said...

good choice....I love wood toys like this from Roberts & Michael's...I always used my coupons, but your $5 was the best deal I've heard of.

Are they still going out of business? I would send you shopping for me to pick out scrapbook paper and then pay you to mail it to me...or I could pick it up on person....some day :)