Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Trip to Spokane

Brianna and I journeyed to the motherland last month while Brian was in St. Louis for a training. We meant to stay 4 days, but as usual - mom talked me into a few more. I love Southwest Airlines - they always let me extend my trip for free. I just have to think of a good story, without stretching the truth tooooo much.
I didn't take as many pictures as I should've... I didn't even get the best part - Mom, Mere and I doing ZUMBA class. It was hilarious - I invaded their personal space as often as possible. But I did get a few pictures of Brianna: Top left - Brianna with Lily. Top right - Brianna taking advantage of Lily's absence from the baby seat and reverting to infantile behavior. Bottom left and mid-right: Brianna refusing to talk to her Daddy on the phone when he called everyday. She would only smile and listen to him. Not nice. Especially since he put up with us leaving him alone in Cedar for 3 extra days.
Here are a few random shots:
Mere doing Robyn's hair, Dad having breakfast (we're CEREAL people), and the bottom three are from the afternoon our friend Jen Madsen and her kids spent at our home having green drinks.
The evening I arrived also happened to be the night of her "One Woman Show." It was an informal in-home concert. She sang and played the piano (because she "don't need no pianist!") It was beautiful and moving, especially considering her circumstances. I feel ok stating this on my blog, because she's so public about it - her husband cheated on her after 30+ years of marriage. Everyone was shocked - he was the last person I would've ever thought would do that. When I was about 15 he gave all the youth in our ward tshirts that said "Cool 2 B Good." Perhaps he forgot how cool it is to be good. So obviously, Jen has been and is going through a lot. She says she spends her evenings singing and playing - her "therapy." I think that's awesome - a lot less expensive and probably more effective than the professional kind! We accidentally arrived an hour early, so we got to tour her gorgeous home and spend lots of time chatting with long-time friends that showed up.
And THIS is what happens when you dare Meredith to stick her head under the water container: My friend April came over one evening for dinner and board games ("Last Word" - love that game). As you can see, my camera hates me. I don't know why it does this sometimes. It also randomly deletes pictures. And in the right-side pic, my evil camera made me look bloated/pregnant. It couldn't have possibly been the fact that my mother makes amazing meals and I have little self-control. Apes and myself:She's the best Nonny ever. Brianna loves reading with her - way more than with me! Nonny sent us home with the books Brianna seemed to enjoy the most. She rocks. Notice her sweatpants - I saw them and said, "hey mom, that's weird - I don't recall you running track for Mt. Spokane High School. And I have been missing MY Mt. Spokane Track sweatpants for several years now." She replied, "hmm, that is odd..."
Brianna and I went with Mom and Mere to our friend Melody's Relief Society's Super Saturday event. It was one of the best I've ever been to. We made hair bows and "I Spy" bean bag activity toys. I love these types of activities because I can do cute projects for material-cost only, and I get to honestly claim I made them myself. Brianna entertained herself by climbing on the collapsed tables and dancing for everyone:
That's all the photos I have. I'll have to go back and take more. Like tomorrow.
Actually, after this flight I received a letter in the mail from Southwest Airlines that I had finally earned a FREE flight from their Rapid Rewards program. So Brianna and I AND Brian will head there in January for one last mini-vacation before Brianna turns two and becomes an expensive traveler. I can't wait to sled down their driveway.

6 comments:

Crystal and Jordan said...

so fun how you get to go so often!!! Man i miss my parents love the pics

Dan and Anne said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Isn't it great to have a grandma/grandpa that can take care of your kid for you!?

Debbie said...

This is probably going to say it is Meredith's comment - it's not - it's MOM.
We wanted you to STAY LONGER - we felt like you definitely showed signs of H1N1 - you kept saying something like "this little piggy went to market...". Anyway, we think you should COME BACK - we could get those Zumba pictures!

Unknown said...

Geez you know how to travel.It seems like you are gone as much as you are home! That's the way to do it.

The Moon's said...

hey could you email me and tell me how to make the "i spy" bag. i have seen them before but didn't know how to make them. thanks, sommermoon@hotmail.com

Mandy said...

Looks like it was a super fun trip! :)