Friday, November 13, 2009

distractions

I'm rillyrillyrilly nervous about my triathlon tomorrow. It's only a sprint distance, but it might as well be an Ironman for how anxious I am. Triathlons are so much more complicated than road races... so much more gear, so many more possibilities for something to go wrong... I think I'd almost rather run a marathon tomorrow. I wouldn't have to worry about trying to fit my bike in the car. Brian just left to go to his office and see if a bigger vehicle has returned so we can rent it tomorrow. I should probably go to sleep. But what better way to calm my nerves than blogging?Here's Brianna just waking up from a nap. Check out those rosy cheeks - love 'em. People have commented on them many times in the past. She gets it from her dad. When she's old enough to get embarrassed, she'll probably go BRIGHT red just like him too! Notice the rocking chair - I love it. My aunt Phylis gave it to me a couple years ago. She said she used it for her kids, so it's at least 35 years old - and not a scratch on it! Brianna's so funny when she wakes up - in the mornings, she starts shouting DADDEEEEE, DADDEEEEE (cuz I'm usually out the door running before she's up)... and after her mid-day nap, she calls for me (since Brian is at work). She doesn't cry or get upset - she just sits and calls our names overandoverandover til we rescue her. Okay - maybe it's only funny to me.
Cedar City is known for the Shakespearean Festival, and so I thought it would be pretty lame if we didn't go to at least one show while living here. Tickets are kinda pricey, even with our Iron County resident discount. I knew my friend Heather lets her kids stay up really late, so I asked if Brianna could come to their home and play while Brian and I date-nighted. I took Brianna on a long stroller ride in the late afternoon so she'd fall asleep for a second nap and be okay to party late with her friends (Shaylee and Parker - she adores them). Brian and I REALLY enjoyed "Tuesdays With Morrie." Yeah, I know it's not Shakespeare - that's why I liked it. Call me uncultured, but I'm not much of a Shakespeare fan. The play was great - I read the book several years ago, so I had forgotten much of the plot. I kept hoping my memory was wrong and Morrie wouldn't die. I cried. (sorry to be a spoiler). The best part was being out with Brian by ourselves! It felt like pre-baby life again. Here's my little helper. She saw me cleaning and wanted to join in. Notice she's still in her jammies. If she had her way, she'd stay in them forever. I have to bribe her with outings to get her to change.

Ok.... nothing else to post about. Well, there is... there ALWAYS is... but I'm going to go to bed and try and dream of smooth transitions. I wonder if I should wear socks...

4 comments:

Malerie said...

Good luck with the Triathlon! You'll do great. I'll be cheering for you!

Marilyn said...

I'm thinking about you while you are in the triathilon. You are ambitious to even try something so all-emcompassing!

Amy Hunter said...

ditto on the Shakespeare. In fact, people who "claim" to like Shakespeare are just doing it for face rank. That's what I think.

I'm so proud of you little runner, swimmer, biker chic. you are awesome.

p.s. loved Tuesdays w/Morrie too (the book).

Mandy said...

Date nights are the best! :)

Love that Brianna likes to help! My girls still do too, I try to milk it while I can! I hope it lasts til they are 18 . . . wishful thinking I know! :)