Monday, July 13, 2009

Unpacking

During the past week as we've been undergoing this massive unpacking project, I've discovered yet another difference in the way Brian and I roll.
My style of unpacking is to keep all the boxes in the garage and bring them in one by one, completely unpacking each one and putting everything where it goes before moving onto another box. I hate living in chaos and clutter - it makes me feel overwhelmed.
And here we have Brian's style - taking every box labeled "kitchen," opening it, and putting all contents on the countertops.
I had a mini anxiety attack when I came home to this. He couldn't figure out why I wasn't thrilled and grateful for all his hard work. It's a good thing he's too sweet and cute to stay mad at for long.

8 comments:

Debbie said...

On occassions like that you say, "Oh, I wouldn't of thought of this approach - what a big help this is to be able to see so MANY of our kitchen things at ONCE." *Seriously girls - you mold the behavior without squishing the effort with praise! Even if "he" only approximates what you really want to see - you stroke!"

blm_mckell said...

My approach to unpacking is to do it all at once as well. Why drag it out. Get it over with so you don't have to look at boxes in the garage. I really like having a garage to park in.

chelsea mckell said...

I'd much rather have a chaotic garage than a chaotic home. What good is an empty garage to park in if you have to walk into cluttered kitchen and bedrooms?!
And don't worry mom - you (and Dr. Laura) have been preaching that advice to me for years and I think I'm doing ok at implementing it. It's all about Love and Logic, right?

DeAnne said...

Amen to that, Chelsea. I totally agree wit you. That's why our garage is still in chaos, but our new home is lovely, clean and orderly. :) So nice of Brian to help out though :)

jocelyn said...

regardless of how you do it...moving and unpacking are unpleasant. i am in the same unpacking boat right now and i'm over it.

Brandon and Kim said...

I am the same way with packing I would rather have it all hidden until I am ready to tackle it, but it was a nice gesture of him to help out.

Veronica said...

boys.

maria hall said...

i totally feel you right now! julian and i are moving and its crazy choas. he thinks packing the day before is just fine...men!