Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Silence of the Sheep

I thought that by leaving Vernal I would see the end of this type of behavior.
By "this type" I mean odd, country-style redneckish activities.
But nooooo.
Last week we saw some neighbor boys taking their dog out for a walk... and their sheep: Of course. Taking the sheep out on a walk. Why not.
We weren't the only ones slightly fascinated. Our neighbors (Brianna's friends Sazia and Davinae) with their mom Shavone: Shavone and I hung out a lot during the 4 weeks we lived at the Starr's place here in Cedar. Brianna and I went over to their backyard nearly everyday to play. They had a trampoline, sand box, playset, slides... Brianna loved it. And I loved having a mom-friend to talk about mom-stuff. And non-mom-stuff too...but - let's face it - my conversations have been almost entirely diluted to just mom-stuff these days.

Back to the sheep:
From how enthusiastically Brianna responds BAAAAHHH when I ask her what the sheep says, I figured she'd be ecstatic to meet a real one.
Not so.
She backed up slowly then ran away. And now, when asked what the sheep says...
I get silence.

8 comments:

Malerie said...

Haha. I always know I can get a good laugh at your posts,

Julie said...

Brianna - it's okay, Boston will protect you!

Marilyn said...

Funny! I imagine a real sheep up close would be a little overwhelming. At least they look cleaner than the animals on my dad's farm. Watching the cows on the farm swat flies with their tails and clomp around in mud and cow poop did not endear me to wanting to eat beef at the dinner table.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen sheep on a leash here in Vernal, but I do live pretty close to Main Street...I'm sure if I drove down a back road or two I would see this all the time! ;0)

Debbie said...

Looks like Brianna browns right up. I did feel a little bad seeing her in the one shot - frightened, dressed raggedly, and barefoot. Can I help?

chelsea mckell said...

oh mom... you're making me feel bad. She wasn't dressed THAT raggedly... at least she WAS dressed...
And barefoot... hmpf. YOU try and keep shoes on this girl! Seriously - next week - you get your chance to "help."

Mandy said...

Poor girl! She must have been traumatized!! Oh, and as far as the shoes go, I pester my girls NON STOP about not walking around without shoes on, it does no good! (especially when their little friend is never wearing them!) I have given up on keeping shoes on!

kaelene said...

That is so hilarious. Maka is very afraid of dogs, so he knows how Brianna feels. Thanks for sharing the cute pictures. And I know what you mean about all your conversations being about Mommy stuff. It just goes to show that Brianna is the most important thing in your life, and it's just like someone else talking about their full time job, but your job is just a whole lot more interesting and fun!!