Monday, July 20, 2009

Meredith's mommy practice

I know these pics aren't the greatest, but I had to have something to go along with this post topic.
The main purpose for this extended trip is to be here for Meredith's baby's birth. She is due on Thursday (so basically any minute now - very suspenseful) with her own little girl. Without getting into details of the less-than-ideal circumstances of this pregnancy, I want to say how impressed I am at the efforts Meredith is making towards preparing for motherhood. She is reading the books, going to the classes, asking questions, and making physical preparations for the child up to age 5. No joke. Containers of baby girl clothes are neatly stacked and labeled, alongside diapers up to size 4 and every accessory a child could wear. Enough for octuplets.
But what I'm personally most happy to see is her interaction with Brianna. Though caring for Brianna right now is quite different than an infant, she has jumped in - confident and eager to aid my little girl in everything from playing to snacking to bathing (as pictured above). Brianna is smitten, becoming quite attached and very content to leave me for her aunt Meredith anytime. And I'm rarely hesitant to LET her take over! Last night Brianna even got a lotion massage. I just have to make sure Meredith knows the boundry lines when she starts talking about "doing" Brianna's hair. Ponytails and bows are ok - scissors and highlights are NOT.
I'll keep ya'll posted on the baby arrival - hopefully SOON!

1 comment:

Malerie said...

Brianna is a lucky girl to have a doting aunt like Meredith! Best of luck with the birth. A new sweet babe is a great reason to get together and celebrate!