Saturday, July 11, 2009

Festivities

Cedar City's moniker is "Festival City."
I initially didn't know how that came to be, since I had only heard of the Shakespearean Festival going on here. But in our short 5 weeks here so far, we've been to the Family Festival, the Utah Summer Games events, Summer Jam, and the Renaissance Festival. There's always something going on. It's fun - especially for Brian's car rental business. $$$
These pics are from Summer Jam. I let Brianna take a late afternoon nap so she'd be game for an evening in the park. There were different bands playing for three days straight. Some were good...some hurt my ears. Kudos to anyone though for being willing to get up in front of hundreds of people!


There were also a lot of booths selling things - like Farmer's Market style, except no produce. A massage therapy business was there under the pavilion doing chair massages. I asked how much it cost and had hopped on the chair before she finished the word free. Brian was hesitant for his turn - he really doesn't like getting massages. Weeeeirdo, I know. But I talked him into it, since it's good for him. Brianna peeked at our faces under the headrest, playing peekabo.

In one picture she's carrying a box of her new favorite snack. Guess what it is. Hint: a certain purple dried fruit...




Brianna didn't last long at the booths and band area. She spotted the slide and swings and easily talked her dad into playing with her. After about a dozen trips up and down, he suggested it was my turn. I laughed at him. After 6pm, I am off slide and swing duty.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Glad to see Brianna is wearing shoes. Did you or Brian know that Enterprise is the 3rd largest car rental business in the world? The first is one that is located outside US - can't remember #2 - no one ever does. Pretty cool.

Marilyn said...

We love the Cedar City. It is a beautiful little city.
Thanks for the concern when I felt so yucky. I fount out I had a urinary infection after I finally made it to the doctor. The pretend balloon lifted my spirits.

Amy Hunter said...

I think you are liking Cedar City just a TITCH too much, my friend. I'm feeling a TITCH of jealousy.

Why does that word bother you? I'm so intrigued. I must know. Is it because it rhymes with a certain naughty word???? Hehehehehe.

I love Brianna. Just wanted you to know that. She'll be perfect for my boys, whichever one she chooses.

Julie said...

ahhhh cedar city - it's like a the first taste of pepsi - ahhhhhhhh :)

Sam and Melissa said...

Looks like fun, I think I'd take that town over Vernal (no offense to all your Vernal friends). When are you coming up to Provo? Let's do a race!