Wednesday, July 29, 2009

FB family

This is Meredith on the comp joining Facebook. Brian also joined just yesterday. They're both fascinated with it and amazed at all the people "on" there. With these two now on board, I'm at about 80% of my immediate family on my friend list. Makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. Brian is the second to last member of his family to join - only his Dad remains. And if he's anything like my dad, there's no chance he'll hop on.
It's not that big of a deal, honestly - I mean, it's just a social networking site that happens to have 200 million + participants. But it's helped me get in contact and stay in contact with a lot of friends. Speaking of which...I'm nearly at 700. A little ridiculous, I know. But I attribute FB to my reuniting with Nadia and Cheyeanne this week! Two of my HS friends I hadn't seen in 7 (!) years.
I did a phone-tutorial with Brian as he was learning the ropes of Facebook-world. It made me feel a little...odd... to be explaining the difference between responding to someone's comment, updating your status, writing on a wall, and sending a message. I haven't even told him about joining groups and becoming a fan of various entities. Maybe I won't. I'll spare him from getting in too deep. My guess is that he'll give it up completely when we're finally reunited in a couple days! This separation thing is no fun. Meredith needs to hurry up and have this baby. The pitocin is dripping at this very moment.

1 comment:

valmike said...

I must go find you now and add you! (Mike's little brother convineced me it was cool, so I did it awhile ago!)