Wednesday, April 29, 2009

splash attack


You know how you can have so much fun that it makes you SAD that others aren't there to share your happiness with? Last night's bath was one of those times. Brian was out of town on a business trip, and I didn't have my camera handy, so all I could do was a cell phone pic. Brianna was absolutely wired - she had missed her 2nd nap, so was acting like a squirrel on caffeine. When I finally managed to corral her into the tub, she began SPLASHING like crazy. Arms flailing, squealing and shrieking... for a solid 15 minutes. I admit - I egged her on a little ("ah! You're splashing me! ahhhh!") and she just kept going and going. It was hilarious. You had to be there. But you weren't. You missed out big time. But there's no way I'm going to try to re-create this by depriving her of naptime... she didn't calm down enough to go to sleep til past 9. Even then, I could hear her talking to herself (or perhaps to Elmo?) til much later. Lesson learned: keep camera near at all times. And wear a raincoat to bathtime.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Brianna looks quite a bit like Ashley did as a baby in this "splashing" photo.

Mandy said...

Wait til she's 4 and slides from one side of the tub to another creating a tidal wave all over the bathroom . . . over and over. I guess maybe it's worse for us since there are 2 of them! My girls mostly do showers now because I hate having the flood in the bathroom! I guess the splashing was cute as a baby though! :)

Oh, and I hear ya, I HATE it when my camera isn't around!!

To funny that Brianna gets all wired when she's sleep deprived, my girls just crash no matter where they are when they are tired. (I have lots of pictures of them asleep in a high chair, watching t.v., sitting at a table at Disneyland . . . no kidding, Abigail was sitting up with her head on the table at Disneyland and passed out while I got us lunch!)

Kids are funny!