Monday, April 6, 2009

Skiing with my two favorite men

Seriously - it was the best ski trip of my life.
Not that I've been on very many - since leaving High School Ski Club (weekly trips all winter!) I've only done a couple ski trips each season.
I still use the same magenta-colored off-brand skiis from 8 years ago.

But this trip blew them all away. It was a Friday, and the Tuesday thru Thursday before it featured a total blizzard - closed canyons, car wrecks, the works. But Friday.... blessed Friday... the sun broke through and gave us a warm 40 degrees to enjoy the fresh powder!

Adding to the bliss - our passes to Snowbird were only $40 each - INCLUDING tram access! Thank you craigslist.

I didn't fall, sunburns and soreness were minimal, and I didn't worry about our little girl for even a second of our 9 hour absence - I knew her Nonny had it all under control (though seemed quite relieved when we finally returned. Odd, I know ;)

There's nothing like the view and feeling at 11,000 ft. If I could bottle it up and sell it, I'd be rich (then I could actually afford more ski trips!)

4 comments:

mmm... said...

looks like fun! i heard the snow was amazing! wish i was there enjoying it as well! :) i guess instead i'll have to buy your bottled up version! :)

Unknown said...

I sure wish I knew how to ski! It always looks like so much fun when I am looking at other people's pictures!

Debbie said...

Seriously, Brianna and I had such a good time. I love her vibrance and personality. I was so glad you had this opportunity and enjoyed it so much. We could all do it again!

Mandy said...

Looks like it was a blast! I have NEVER been skiing before . . . to afraid for my life! :)