Friday, April 10, 2009

Pics from Papa and Nonny visit

Finally - the pictures to go along with the novel-sized post last week (which you all read every word of, right? :) When my parents first arrived on planet Vernal, they had to restrain themselves from sprinting towards Brianna and hugging her tight. That would, of course, cause a major freak-out So they played it cool - just sat down and hung out - letting her get used to them again (not sure if she remembered them from our Christmas visit).
She warmed up quickly and started dancing for them.

Ok, these pics are out of order, and I'm not going to bother chronologizing (probably not a real word) them. This pic above is Brian at Kit's house (my Dad's oldest brother) eating stuff he would never do without some unspoken social pressure. (I'm smiling)
Brianna loved playing with her 2nd cousin (or whatever relationship they have - he's my cousin's child) Adam. He's adopted from Ethiopia. Cool huh.
Always the Nonny-of-the-year, mom did a puppet show with them. Doesn't work well when one won't pay attention and the other tries attaking the puppets.
Brianna is learning to share, as you can see from this picture. Oh fine, I'm lying. She's showing off her book-ripping skillz.
When we stopped at Daniel's Summit (a quaint snowmobiling resort on Hwy 40) We played in the gift shop


And of course - had to take them to the Dino Museum in Vernal. Not a very lively place (I'm so FUNNY!)


Mom, working her magic in my little kitchen...
Dad, entertaining the munchkin so mom could help make THIS:
Yes, our homemade pizza. With homemade dough and sauce. Uberdomestic. It's pretty, huh? Brian saw it and said, "Chel, there's little things all over it" with a disgusted tone, as if the vegetables were insects. Sigh.
Our attempts to get a decent Brianna & Nonny picture
My two handy-men heros, repairing the couch (a task which Brian felt required a hardhat) SuperNonny, bonding with Brianna
Pool night at the Rec Center




The slide at the Rec Center. I made them all go down. Though we couldn't figure out why Dad took so long in there...
I took a reluctant Nonny to Power Toning class and Kickboxing class! So fun. Though we were sad to miss Zumba.

Mom felt so empowered after kickboxing class... she showed Dad her uppercut punch skills... he was scuured.

Or perhaps she was punishing him for making her go through 40 hours of driving in 5 days. I would be, anyway...that's a long time to sit. But I'm veryveryvery glad they did!

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Fun photos! It looks like everyone had a great time. Your parents are very nice looking. (Their daughter Chelsea is too!!)

Amy Hunter said...

That was fun to see. You have a super cute mom and Dad. I love you in the cowboy hat (sassy), and Brian in his construction hat. Goof balls!

Jenna Burningham, OTR/L said...

Hey this is Jenna, from BYUH...Melissa friend. Anyways just found you bloghopping and wanted to say hi! Plus I was born in Vernal...Can you believe it?

Debbie said...

Sometimes Dad says, "You don't scare me." He should probably be scared!

Debbie said...

Me again - BTW - first came the kickboxing, then power "whatever",then the April Fool's run where I tried to beat people that I had no business trying to beat, then the 12 hr. trip home, then...the podiatrist! Serious, but I'll survive for yet another kickboxing session. I did notice in the one pic that one of us seem to have a higher more energetic kick than the other!

Mandy said...

What a fun visit! (I DID read every word of the novel post BTW! :) Oh, sorry to say I'm with Brian, I don't like veggies on my pizza! (But I do like most veggies otherwise!!) The pizza WAS beautiful though!! I'd put veggies on it just to make it colorful (yes, I am strange!!)