Sunday, April 12, 2009

For posterity

This post might seem a little...odd, perhaps... but I found all these old photos of Brian's family and thought they deserved some preservation. Plus, if I ever get around to printing this blog (it's on my never ending to-do list) it might be neat for Brianna to see her predecessors. So I present to you - the McKell family: Above: Brian's father's father's parents
Melissa, Mark, Mike, Ashley, and Brian, circa 1987
Daryl and Marjorie Berrett, Barbara and Kent, Erma and Mark McKell - 1970

Brian, 1984ish
Ashley and Brian
Barbara and Ashley (Brianna now has the dress)

Brian and a cousin (shirt says "Grandpa and Grandma went to Hawaii and all I got was this dumb tshirt)

Kent McKell

Melissa and Ashley (they were both really into local pageants)

Grandpa Mark McKell and his brother Art, doing their favorite pastime - farming
Barbara and Kent - met at BYU (interestingly, the exact years my parents were there).
Brian, his siblings and some McKell cousins - probably Chad, Josh, and Bryce)
I really like Grandpa's jacket this picture. So 70's. I would totally wear it.
Mark and Erma McKell and their three children" Marilyn, Kent, and Allen

And finally - Grandpa Mark McKell. Dashing young man, dontcha think? I think he would be very proud of this post.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think this post is odd at all. I really like old pictures. And I think it is really neat that you have preserved them on your blog for future generations ;)

Ashley said...

Hey, I love those pictures. I am curious where you found them, they all look like pictures that were on the Grandpa McKell Birthday frame that ended up taking forever to get everything together for. I loved seeing those pictures and I just might need to post them on my blog so that I have them. I have scanned in tons of old pictures on my computer, now I just need to organize them into a book or at least on a c.d. I love the picture of Brian and I with my old doll house, we had so much fun growing up together. He is such a great brother.

valmike said...

After spending most of my childhood being forced into libraries, cemetaries, and county court houses in 5 different states with my over ambitious Family History Father... I am really glad that you did this post. It's good to see that you care enough about them to take the time to perserve them here and to give them a little recognition!

BBS said...

Such fun to see those photos...especially the ones where I remember my nieces and nephews looking like that. Hey--there was no photo of the bridesmaids at the wedding (me).

Debbie said...

I really enjoyed seeing the pics of McKells. Having met most of them recently, its just fun to see them in earlier years. You married into a great and good looking family.

Mandy said...

I think it's great that you posted that!! I love old pictures!!

Oh, and I am glad I am not the only one who had printing out my blog on my never ending to-do list!! :)