Thursday, March 5, 2009

The truth about SAHMs...

Many SAHMs (stay-at-home-moms - yes, we have our own acronym)like to be very defensive about their "non-working" status. We like to say things such as, "no, I don't work outside the home. That would be taking the easy way out" or "yes, I WORK - much harder than most people do! I'm a MOM!"
Most people react by nodding their heads very respectfully and agreeing that the job of a stay-at-home mom is extremely demanding.

But the truth is... that's all a big coverup.

THIS is what we SAHMs do all day:

12 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

I couldn't even tell that was you...that is what I really think!

Debbie said...

Well Chel, I guess you were either entertaining yourself or peeling onions very ingenuously!

Amanda said...

Still Laughing!!!

Julie said...

oh my laughing my head off!!! love it!! oh and news to me I never knew we had an acronym! :)

Sam and Melissa said...

I'll give you 10 bucks to run the race like that

Unknown said...

LMAO!!! I feel I need that get up sometimes! Especially lately!

Amy Hunter said...

You crack me up! I agree, we SAHMs live the good life.

Amy Hunter said...

You crack me up! I agree, we SAHMs live the good life.

Mandy said...

You are so funny! I'll be the first to admit I am a SAHM because I am lazy! :) Although being around kids all day is stressful, atleast I can justify that a child doesn't know any better when they do something stupid . . . can't say the same thing for the adults I used to work with! :)

summer said...

thanks for the great laugh!....way to keep it real and full of fun!

Melanie said...

HEY! who said you could give all our secrets away?!!!!

Ivy Lou said...

Ha!