Saturday, March 7, 2009

Run for Red

So I'm doing a 5K in a few hours... I don't know why I'm nervous about it... I've done dozens post-childbirth, but for this one I actually have a goal other than simply finishing. I've wanted to break 20min since... well, since I got jumungous and had to stop running at 26 weeks. It was a sad day. I started making all kinds of lofty goals about how to get my body back (since it had become a foreign being to me, inhabited by a wiggly alien).  One of those goals was to break 20. Still haven't done it, obviously. Been close.  But today I think I can. I think I can. I think... I'm nervous.
Anyway, I'm posting this before the race in case I'm too depressed afterwards. No, I won't be depressed if I don't make it... I'll just be antsy to get it next time. 
I just went to the website for the race - you'll never believe who I saw! Maybe it's a good omen...
Let's play a game... "Find B & C" :
 

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Thats really funny. Well, post how you did on the race now that you have baited us!

Allison said...

Hope it was a fun run. Doing Rex Lee next week?

Chelsea and Cody said...

You will do great! O-and you are beating Brian in that pic...ha!

Marilyn said...

I found both of you. Good luck in the race. I admire you for being so physically fit.

Mandy said...

Hope the race went well! :) I see both of you, how funny!

chelsea mckell said...

19:37! Very sore today, but very happy!

Amy Hunter said...

19.37! Yipee! You amaze me! I'm so inspired!

Melanie said...

YEAY! Way to go! That's the Chelsea I remember!
You're inspiring me! maybe in another 6 months after I give birth and have a chance to start running again, I can join you! ;)

Julie said...

I am pretty sure if I ran that race you would lap me multiple times. I think it takes me ten minutes to run a mile...lol....that was in high school too - imagine me now... :) Guess I wasn't cut out to be much of a runner...

Crystal and Jordan said...

awesome job!!! I think i could run one mile in that!!! ha ha