Sunday, March 1, 2009

25 on Facebook

In case you're living under a rock...
The latest craze on Facebook has been to write a "note" featuring 25 random facts about yourself, then "tag" 25 other people on Facebook so they read it and do likewise. A little narcissistic, perhaps. I think it's about over now - I got tagged on my first one a couple months ago. Even Ellen was talking about it on her show (not that I watch it...everyday...) Anyways, I thought I'd post it on here too, in case someday Brianna says, "I wish I knew 25 random facts about my mother."
Here it is, copy-pasted from Facebook (which is about to hit 200 million users. I saw an interview with the 25 yr old CEO. Crazy).

25..... you know what this is
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 1:46pm
Ok… since I’ve been tagged on about a dozen of these already, I decided to stop being too cool to play along.
Honestly, though – I wouldn’t normally do this sort of thing because I don’t want to appear pretentious enough to assume everyone wants to sit down and read all about me.
But since I’ve reallyreally enjoyed reading the ones I’ve been sent… maybe someone will have fun reading these 25 random facts about ME. And if you haven’t made YOUR list yet (in case I’m not actually the LAST one), go do it too!
You’re supposed to also tag 25 others – but I’ll likely tag more than that. I’m somewhat indecisive and... I don’t wanna leave anyone out (since I’ve seen on the “newsfeed” that others have done this and not tagged me – and it hurts my feelings. Bad. Real bad).
That was a long intro. Here goes:

1- I am OCDishly frugal and practical.
2- I peel my oranges in one strand.
3- I am a blogger because I refuse to scrapbook.
4- I’ve been married for 3.5 years to an extraordinarily handsome man who is infatuated with car rental.
5- Our baby Brianna turned one last Saturday.
6- I sometimes wonder if my extreme adoration of my daughter is normal/healthy.
7- I used to loathe my 5’10 height, but now I’m ok with it. It comes in useful occasionally.
8- I can burp the alphabet backwards (don’t pretend you’re grossed out – I know you’re jealous)
9- I can’t sew (or quilt, crochet – anything related to it) and I’m a little embarrassed about that, but have no plans to change
10- I have a firm testimony that the true church of Jesus Christ is on the earth today and that families can be together forever.
11- I can do 26 solid boy-pushups, but I can’t do more than one full pull-up and it makes me sad.
12- I get really annoyed with women who brag about denying themselves God’s gift of epidurals during childbirth, as if they were superior to others because of their masochism.
13- I get really annoyed with people who exaggerate and boast about their children’s accomplishments, living vicariously through them to soothe their own low-self-esteem.
14- Other than those two, I try not to let anything else get on my nerves. Being uptight is a waste of time.
15- I don’t believe in peeling any produce items whose skin can be reasonably consumed.
16- When I’m an empty-nester I plan to get a season pass to the best cross-country ski resort around and spend every day making tracks all winter, every winter.
17- During the last month of my pregnancy I ate cold cereal all day, every meal. Chex is my favorite (boring, I know).
18- I’m the 7th of 8 children and genuinely cannot wait til our next Smith fam reunion.
19- I reallyreally love Josh Groban and Neil Diamond and have seen them both in concert.
20- My husband was a little upset with me when I FREAKED out when Josh Groban walked right in front of me. He forgave me quickly though, like he always does, which is why we’re still married.
21- I get tremendous satisfaction from doing anything physically strenuous and productive.
22- My middle name is Oneita. I’m told it’s a Sioux Indian word meaning “loon feather,” which is what the young Indian men received for acts of bravery. There’s absolutely no American Indian blood in my family, thus no reason to have an Indian name. Yet I passed the Oneita middle name on to my daughter mostly to make my Grandma Oneita happy.
23- I had a pet hedgehog when I was 11.
24- I really don’t like my hair but I’m too scared to make any permanent or drastic changes
25- I could keep going on this for a long time but I’m doubting very many people even made it this far!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love #12. I was ready for the epidural at 6 months! (Right along with the catheter!)
I agree with #15. I can't stand when people peel their potatoes just to cook and mash them! Drives me crazy!!! (Sorry, that was two random things about me!)

Amanda said...

3 Columns!! Beautiful!

The McClellan Clan said...

I did, and I was wanting more!! I love how you write!! You're good at it. Why scrapbook when your writing is so totally AWESOME!!!

Melissa said...

I love that you've seen Neil Diamond in concert!! lucky! That would be sweet!

debbieandstevefamily said...

I don't remember a hedgehog - where did you keep it? Mom